Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Shredder

Now there is so many shredders out there its unbelievable, compare during the 90's, the time when I first learned the guitar. Guitar solos are definetely back. It's exiting times now. I have a few new favourites now such as John 5 (On top of my list), Buckethead ( I love that he plays melody too) and Bumblefoot ( at first I was very sceptic, but he is so great, checkout youtube to see him shred). Both John 5 and Buckethead inspired me to try learn country licks, and make me realise you don't need the tremolo or whammy bar to do divebombs and make those weird bends.
Suddenly country is cool, even Hetfield love country.
Another turn over point for me is seeing Jim Root and John 5 playing Telecaster. Who would play metal on a Tele.Wow,that made me look back at it, and even bought it one, but not their signature models. Tele definetely kicks ass, I love the shape more now and it sounds great too.
Great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment