Monday, January 26, 2009

Distortion Pedals etc
















I collect guitar pedals, they are my passion. I've went the digital/multi effects road few years back, but now i'm back to stompboxes. I've sold all my multi effects. I've always like to try new toys at guitar stores, I remember once I tested a DOD ring modulator me and the tech at the store look at each other laughing at the sound. It is very very weird. I could buy it , but where could I put the effect, it is so strange like R2D2 or something.
But one of my main aim is to find the most sweet sounding overdrive/distortion/treble booster /booster pedal. I've bought around 5 of them, i've sold 3 (the DS1, Turbo Distortion and DOD supra distortion) and now waiting for my tube screamer. I don't know if I have an ear problem, but after a while purchasing the pedals, I don't like the sound, some frequencies are not gelling.
If the Tube screamer isn't working I will have to purchased the RAT.
I am a Metal Player, but I don't like to push the gain too much, because the tone will have no definition and in some instances become thin instead of bigger. I know that if I have a great tube amp (read Mesa-Boogie), I can throw out my distortion pedals, but for now they are my only hope.
One thing for sure, the quest for tone will never cease to stop.


p/s- check out satriani and vai signature doistortion pedals, great stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment