Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I learned the guitar when i was around 20 years old, partially due to a girl and mostly due to Nirvana. I learned some chords from a friend ,ice ( tan ee keat) of icemusic paradise. Than i went from there, learning by ear as most of us, mainly to grunge and alternative bands (this was mid 90's). I am lucky as we have quite a number of musician at USM K.krian,especially the Sabahans. I will jam with my pals, and that made me quite good in a short time. After mastering the open chords, we perform at the expo, class functions or dinners. Then we started writing simple 3 chords songs and it when from there. Later on i dable in playing bass and drums and was in a hardcore band DT with two senior pharmacy students. I played bass on 3 gigs at kelantan, one of them raided by the ITM management. I then started reading guitar world and guitar magazines up until now.
Playing music is fun, and i believe everybody should at least learn an instrument.
And to all my jam partners mat rai,geoffrey,ice,norbert,prop and all of you please contact me at ilhamcp@yahoo.com.
Rock on, brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment